Best PowerShell Programming Books
Windows PowerShell is a command-line shell and scripting languagedesigned especially for system administration. Its analogue in Linux is called as Bash Scripting. Built on the .NET Framework, Windows PowerShell helps IT professionals to control and automate the administration of the Windows operating system and applications that run on Windows Server environment.
Windows PowerShell commands, called cmdlets, let you manage the computers from the command line. Windows PowerShell providers let you access data stores, such as the Registry and Certificate Store, as easily as you access the file system.
In addition, Windows PowerShell has a rich expression parser and a fully developed scripting language. So in simple words you can complete all the tasks that you do with GUI and much more.
If you are looking for Books about PowerShell Programming to advance your Knowledge, here is the best list in various formats available for free:
- Creating HTML Reports in PowerShell (PDF,ePub,HTML)
- DevOps: The Ops Perspective (PDF, ePub, MOBI)
- Ditch Excel: Making Historical & Trend Reports in PowerShell (PDF, ePub, MOBI)
- Introduction to PowerShell for Unix People (PDF, ePub, HTML)
- Layman’s Guide to PowerShell 2.0 remoting (PDF)
- Mastering PowerShell v2
- PowerShell 2.0 – One CMDLET At A Time (PDF)
- PowerShell Notes for Professionals – Compiled from StackOverflow documentation (3.x)
- PowerShell Succinctly, Syncfusion (PDF, Kindle) (email address requested, not required)
- Secrets of PowerShell Remoting (PDF, ePub, MOBI)
- The Big Book of PowerShell Error Handling (PDF, ePub, MOBI)
- The Big Book of PowerShell Gotchas (PDF, ePub, MOBI)
- The DSC Book (PDF, ePub, HTML)
- The Monad Manifesto – Annotated (PDF, ePub, MOBI)
- Why PowerShell? (PDF, ePub, MOBI)
- Windows PowerShell Networking Guide (PDF, ePub, MOBI)